Are you a Facebook group admin? Time to update your personal profile.
Are you a Facebook admin or do you plan to be one?
When was the last time you took a good, hard look at your personal Facebook profile?
You need to consider what is publicly viewable on your personal Facebook profile because you better bet, people will be checking it out – and they might use some of your posts, photos, even “likes” against you.
As a Facebook admin, might want to tighten up what you share publicly.
How to view your Facebook profile as it is seen by the public, or somebody with whom you are not friends:
First, open up your Facebook profile timeline. Below your cover image, click on the eyeball next to “edit profile.”
Here, you will see what your profile profile looks like to the public.
To go back to your regular profile, click “exit view as.”
Here are some things to consider regarding your profile:
- Which of your Facebook posts do you want to appear publicly?
- Which of your Facebook photos do you want to appear publicly?
- Which frames do you use on your Facebook profile photos?
- Do you want your phone number, email, etc. be displayed publicly?
- Do you want the public to see your hometown and/or current location?
- Do you want the public to see your educational background?
- Do you want the public to be able to see your friends list on your profile?
Facebook’s Privacy Checkup is a very useful tool in helping you see the full picture of what your Facebook info looks like and allowing you to easily change these privacy settings.